Posted On: Thursday - November 23rd 2023 10:46AM MST
In Topics:   Immigration Stupidity  Pundits  Race/Genetics  Holiday from Stupidity
(Thanks go to Adam Smith for the graphic.)
The one topic key rarely used is Holiday from Stupidity, for obvious reasons. However, the reader may notice the other here 3 this time, as I gotta put a plug in for Ann Coulter yet again. This does relate to being thankful though.
I can't tell if it's the VDare editor or Miss Coulter who wrote at the top of This Thanksgiving, Joy-Ann Reid Has Much To Be Thankful For, "My new Thanksgiving tradition." I like it, but I do imagine Miss Coulter could find some new ungrateful one every year rather than just this Guyanan immigrant I've honestly never seen talking*.
I'll just excerpt this small part of Ann Coulter's take on why this Joy-Ann Reid should be thankful:
In the sage words of the Instapundit, Heh! and Indeed.
• You were admitted to Harvard with SAT scores that would have gotten an Asian kid disowned by his parents.
• You manage to keep your show at MSNBC with ratings that would get a white person canceled.
• People try harder to laugh at your excruciating jokes than they would for a male of any race.
• Plus, I have it on good authority that no one at MSNBC has pestered you about touching your hair.
OK, enough about these two ladies and America's problems... for today. I am thankful for family and friends, our health, for peace here for now, for our good and stable financial situation (no, not America's!), for the wonderful weather, and for the enjoyment of the internet for some purposes including this blog and the great commenters and other readers (gotta assume the latter are great, or they wouldn't be here).
I'm also thankful I can write what I'm writing right now without being told to call this Happy DeColonized day by a couple of not-so-thankful Injuns named Sean Sherman and Chase Iron Eyes. Pass the turkey, Mr. Eyes, and no, Sean, no more stuffing, thanks, before I end up in a triptophanic trance. (Actually, we're having a duck.)
I hope you all have plenty to be thankful for too!
T HA N K S G I V I N G !
See, now the graphic above would have been something to be proud of, some real HTML fu, back in 1996. Now, not so much... We're pretty old school here and will have to change, but NO tweeting, excuse me, Xing!
* Being off TV, almost 24 years running, is another thing to be thankful for. The internet, well, I'm not so sure...