Posted On: Saturday - August 7th 2021 8:19PM MST
In Topics:   TV, aka Gov't Media  Media Stupidity  Bread and Circuses
(Yeah, I know they wanted to re-use the old signage, but, people, we're 60% through with 2021, so, ...)
The regular Peak Stupidity reader may be SHOCKED, SHOCKED to read a title like that on top of this post. No, Steve Sailer is not guest-blogging. It's just that we are on the road and my 10 y/o boy wanted to watch swimming. It's not on. Now, this kid has watched less TV than any kid I have known, and I can see tonight from a half hour so far that this is indeed a good thing.
Between a relay race that we saw and the now-on women's basketball game, there were 2 stretches of 3-4 minutes of commercials each. iSteve commenters have hashed out the ridiculousness of the race agenda in commercials before, and for us, it has been a while (see Can't even watch Seinfeld anymore). That stupidity was again on display, just another reason I am glad we don't turn the idiot plate on at home. Before I thankfully forget this whole episode*, I'll just spit out a few thoughts:
- It is very hard to make out the race of the people in commercials most of the time. The agenda is complete race-mixing. It's also hard to tell who's with whom, but they give some hints.
- After 4 or 5 commercials with mixed-race or mostly black characters, I was amazed to see one with all White people. It was for migraine medication. Now that is some great ad placement, marketing gurus!
- Don't even ask me what these people were selling, but some 10 - 12 y/o black kid was running some race by himself while imagining some apparently famous black woman champion runner win. Really? Do boys that age look up to women as their idols? I am learning something new here on TV.
- One player on the American women's BB team is tattooed up in B&W and color on her big muscles, and she doesn't look like a woman in any way shape or form. Is she one of those trannies?
- There are people in the small audience wearing face diapers. However, when the one particular coach wanted to yell something to a player, she pulled her mask down to do that. I guess Dr. Fauci has it all worked out. They must have a plan to keep 6 feet apart later on in the hotel room.
- I just saw a promo for tomorrow. They are still insisting that this is the 2020 Olympics.
I don't know how people do it. I had a song in mind earlier today for the last post of the week, but I'll put that up next week. Thank you all for reading and commenting. I've got plenty of posts in mind already for next week.
* Well, it's still on, but I'm happier blogging, and I'll let my boy watch the 2nd half of American women(?) vs. Japanese women's basketball. That'll do it for TV in '21.